What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
-Advertising / tracking cookies: These cookies are used by external parties to track data across multiple websites. Accepting these cookies means we may show our advertisements on other websites. These cookies include YouTube, Facebok and Google. These cookies save data about visitor numbers to optimise advertising.
You can choose to opt out of all but necessary cookies but doing so may negatively affect your user experience.
Don't forget we are open 7 days a week
We have extensive free on-site parking for customer use at both our stores
Want to read our latest blog and see what's happening at Lillico Attlee Country Stores?Read Blog
Take a look at our latest newsletter.
100 Years of Parsonage Mill - celebrating 100 years as the home of Attlee's Country Store!Preview Newsletter
Keep in touch
Country Card Loyalty Scheme
At Lillico Country Stores, we are committed to offering fantastic products at competitive prices. We would also like to reward you for shopping with us - through our CountryCard loyalty scheme.
Click & Collect
Learn more about our Click & Collect service.
Order online and collect in-store from Lillico Attlee Country Stores.